Liposuction is a surgical procedure where the fat from a specific area of your body is drained through a thin tube. It is advised to lose weight through diet and exercise and achieve your weight target before opting for liposuction to remove stubborn fat that still has not gone away. Liposuction in Dubai is one the most frequently done plastic surgery, ahead of rhinoplasty and breast surgery.
How is the procedure:
Before the surgery, which can take anywhere from one to four hours, patients may get general anesthesia. Treatments for the lower body may involve the use of an epidural. The anesthesia is injected into the area around the dura, a fluid-filled sac that surrounds the spine, known as the epidural space. The legs and abdomen get a little numb from this.
When liposuction is performed in relatively tiny locations, a local anesthetic may be utilized.
To guarantee adequate fat removal, if just a local anesthetic is required, the patient will be instructed to stand during the surgery.
Types of liposuction techniques:
- Tumescent liposuction
- Dry liposuction
- Ultrasound-assisted liposuction(UAL)
- Laser-assisted Lipolysis
- Power-assisted liposuction.
- Liposuction will reduce the total amount of inflammatory cells in the body by a lot. If the number of inflammatory cells in the body is reduced, it reduces your risk of developing cardiovascular disease. Reduction in such cells can decrease your risk of developing similar health conditions.
- An experiment was done on 229 people with liposuction. Before the surgery, a large percentage of individuals have high levels of triglycerides. All patients’ three-month follow-up visits. Triglycerides were reduced by 43% in participants who showed high blood fat levels before surgery. The majority of cholesterol-lowering medications only reduce triglycerides by 20%.
- Exercise and eating well are crucial for maintaining a healthy weight. One of the biggest health advantages of liposuction is a better lifestyle. Instant weight loss may be possible after the procedure. Losing weight frequently inspires people to adopt healthier lifestyles.
- The way someone looks has an impact on how they feel about themselves. People who are overweight or have body image issues, generally have poor self-esteem. People don’t like how they look, and as they become heavier, their self-esteem gradually declines. A person’s physical appearance is significantly altered through liposuction, and the results are much notably better. Self-esteem is ultimately raised as a result along with other aspects of your life are positively impacted by this.
Risks involving liposuction
The size of the treatment, the surgeon’s abilities, and their specialized training are mostly the factors that influence the likelihood of complications.
The following dangers, unfavorable consequences, or problems might occur:
- Significant bruising: This can last for a few weeks.
- Inflammation: It may take up to 6 months for the swelling to go down, and fluid may still leak from the wounds.
- Thrombophlebitis: When a blood clot develops in a vein, it leads to inflammation and further problems. Uneven fat removal, poor skin elasticity, atypical wound healing, and contour abnormalities can all cause the skin to seem aged, wavy, or bumpy. People who previously experienced hip fat accumulation may discover that their buttocks are now the problem.
- Numbness: The afflicted area may experience transient numbness for a short period.
- Pulmonary embolism: Fat enters blood arteries, travels to the lungs, and blocks the blood passage. This may end up endangering your life.
The average cost of liposuction in Dubai ranges from 5000 AED – 30000 AED. In the country cosmetic surgeries like liposuction, rhinoplasty, and breast augmentation Dubai clinics are common and done safely by world-class professionals.
After liposuction, you will have a healthier and carefree lifestyle.