Having a good look not only makes a person look great but also helps to build a person’s confidence in their life. There are many beauty and health products in the market aiming to help a person improve their looks by giving them a healthy skin and hair. Many supplements including the Surbex zinc tablets are available in the market to help people achieve this. Whether a person is young or old, having healthy skin and hair does make a person feel better of themselves. In this article, we will be talking more about hair loss and what you can do to help prevent it.
To prevent hair loss or anything in general, it is best to understand more about the hair loss itself first. Another term for hair loss in medicine is known as alopecia. Hair loss may not only happen to the scalp but also to the whole body. It can be temporary or permanent. Hair loss can happen from many reasons such as genes, diet and underlying health issues triggering such problems. Hair loss can appear in many ways. This includes gradual hair thinning, patchy bald spots, sudden loss of handful hair, total baldness or patches of scales on the scalp. Since there are many causes or symptoms of hair loss that could be permanent or temporary, it is best to meet a dermatologist to understand this condition and the sooner the hair loss is treated, the better the results will be.
If you are losing your hair and looking for ways to prevent it from becoming worst, you may want to give suggestion below a try:
1) Be gentle with your hair- From washing to styling it, you should be gentle and try to lessen hair damages. Try using gentle shampoo that helps to keep your hair hydrated. Remember to use moisturising conditioner after washing your hair with shampoo to reduce breakage and split ends. Invest in a good detangler and avoid tugging the hair while combing or brushing hair, especially when the hair is wet as wet hair is prone to breakage.
2) Limit styling hair- While hair styling is fun, limit the use of curling irons, flat irons, hot rollers, hot-oil treatments and hot combs can cause hair weakening. It is best to save these products for occasional use such as weddings or job interviews. If you want to use a blow-dryer, use the lowest setting and it is better to let the hair dry naturally. Some hairstyles such as buns, ponytail, pigtail or braids that tightly pull the hair back does lead to risk of hair loss known as traction alopecia. Thus, try limiting such hairstyles and look for hair styles that can help prevent such hair loss.
3) Fixing diet- You are what you eat. A healthy hair needs its basic needs of a balanced diet and adequate water intake. Make sure to eat more fruits and vegetables alongside protein. Studies show that eating too little calories also leads to hair loss. It is best to eat according to the food pyramid or ask a dietician or nutritionist before venturing a diet low in calories.
4) Supplements as the last result- Getting nutrients from supplements should only be considered when you are sure you are not getting enough nutrition from diet. Supplements such as biotin, protein, iron, zinc and omega-3 may help to prevent hair loss. Supplements only work when a person is deficient in certain nutrients by improving the nutrition status.
5) Reduce stress-Minimising stress by practising self-care, exercising and quality sleep can help with hair thinning. If you are a smoker, do consider smoking cessation because there is an association between smoking and baldness.