Your bodybuilding training aims to gain muscle mass and avoid any permanent injury in the process. However, in the eagerness to do this, we often make mistakes that can fail. There are things we must learn to keep in mind before we begin.
Keep these in Mind
If you are not satisfied with the progress you have made with your training, then it is time you took a look at what should be done and what should not. Eliminate any slip that you may be made to ensure that you are moving on. Take a look:
- Overlooking your Progress: Though getting stronger is not everything, but it is important. If you find that this is not happening don’t ignore because then you will never develop decent-sized muscles. Remember also to use bodybuilding supplements to help you build muscles.
- Using unmanageable weights: Many bodybuilders use weights that they cannot manage to speed up the process. Remember it’s your body you are working with. Never use weights you cannot manage comfortably, increase poundage gradually, and tighten your schedule.
- Undisciplined training: Make sure that you have the correct exercise technique because any injury will kill your progress. Disciplined training is essential to bodybuilding.
- Focussing on Incorrect Exercise: The biggest mistake is to focus on the wrong exercises. Prioritize on the compound exercises like squats, leg presses, dips, and others.
- Avoiding Squats: Not concentrating on the squatting also hampers progress, but you must do it correctly and safely.
- Skipping the Dead Lift: Avoiding the dead lift is another huge mistake. However, the technique is essential.
- No effort: Not putting in the right amount of effort is a killer mistake. Remain focussed and though you don’t have to exercise till you drop don’t compromise on the time and technique.
- Excessive Training:Too much weight training and too many sets can affect you negatively. Do weight training three days in the week and divide the overall routine into three parts. Your sets per exercise should not exceed three.
- Not having a Supplement: While you need to concentrate on healthy food but a supplement is also required. Till you have a diet plan in place, use a pre-workout powder to help you gain energy for the right amount of exercise.
- Avoiding a Partner: Wanting to do it alone should be avoided. You must find a training partner who uses a similar training program as you do and has the same recovery ability as yours. This is going to help.
Keep all these things in mind when you decide to go on a bodybuilding journey, and you will come out of the entire training looking great. It is difficult to come out of a mistake you have made, so it is best to avoid a mistake.