Holidays and vacations are fun, and you are pretty much munching on everything within your hand’s reach. Don’t be surprised if you have gained a few pounds right after. Vacations are a good way to detox the mind, but following the break, your body needs an immediate detox. No, we are not talking of starving or surviving on juice diets. Body cleanse and detox must be done in the right way, and in this post, we are reviewing top ideas that can help.
Include a few supplements
You can check websites like GlobalGlow.com to find some incredible herbal products and supplements, which can support in cleansing the liver and improving your detox process. Herbal and matcha teas can be consumed too, and you need good mix of both prebiotics and probiotics. Supplements must be selected carefully, so if you are not sure of what to buy, consider getting a consultation from a health coach.
Make the important lifestyle changes
- Start by removing sugar and sugary foods from your diet. For the next one week, steer clear of anything that’s even remotely sweet or has sugar.
- Reduce your intake of caffeine, soy and alcohol. Ideally, cut of these off for the cleansing period. If you smoke, you may want to quit.
- Ensure good sleep. You may have had a long break with extended sleeping hours, but for that summer cleanse, 8 hours of sleep is just necessary.
- Exercise and meditation are other inclusions for the detox period. Just 30 minutes of walking will make a huge difference, and for meditation, keep just 15 minutes aside, and you are done!
- Load up on greens. Include all seasonal greens, and go for nutritional dense foods, such as spinach and kale. If you don’t like salads, throw everything in the blender and make a smoothie!
- Take an Epsom salt bath. This will relax your muscles and give you an insane sense of comfort at home. Just two showers in the detox should be more than enough.
- Drink enough water and liquids. Avoid drinks with sugar, but go for plain water instead. If you like flavored water, go for fruit-infused juices and herbal teas. You must consume at least 2.5 liters of water each day.
- Finally, ensure that you stay away from dairy and gluten. Some people tolerate both well, but it is wise to give your stomach some rest.
Check for health supplements for detox and cleanse now!